WARNING: The images and video contained in this report are of a disturbing nature. Viewer discretion is advised.
A mass grave of massacred pro-Biafra agitators has been discovered near Aba, the economic capital of Abia State.
The International Society for Civil Liberties & the Rule of Law (Intersociety) announced the shocking discovery in part two of its letter to Minister of Interior, Federal Ministry of Interior, Abdulrahman Bello Dambazzzau, and Chief of Defence Staff, Major General Abayomi Gabriel Olonisakin.
Intersociety said in the part two of the letter released this morning that it has already visited the mass grave and that Amnesty International has equally done same. Below are excerpts of the letter signed by Board Chairman, Emeka Umeagbalasi, and Head, Civil Liberties & Rule of Law Programme, Obianuju Joy Igboeli, Esq.:
“In the first part of the letter, circulated to the media two days ago, we had peripherally informed that the soldiers of the 144 Battalion in Ukwa West LGA of Abia State, joined by personnel of the Abia State Police Command and the Finance & Logistics Command of the Nigerian Navy in Owerre-Nta in Abia State had on 9th of February 2016 stormed the premises of the National High School in Aba and opened fire at members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) who gathered in their hundreds for the purpose of holding prayer/meeting. The named security forces shot and killed 22 IPOB members and critically injured over 30. The IPOB members had gathered in the school on account of suggestion made to them by the same Abia State Police Command and other security heads during their previous meetings to “restrict their processions, rallies or protests to public places other than streets and roads so as not to attract the attention and violent reactions of the Federal Government”. The first part of the letter of ours under reference is contained in the following HERE.
“We also reported that among the 22 murdered citizens or IPOB members in the said Aba Prayer/Meeting of 9th of February 2016 were: Uche Friday (30yrs), from Asa in Abia State; Emeka Ekpemandu (35yrs), from Owerre Nkwoji in Imo State; Chiavoghi Chibuikem (Obingwa in Abia State); Nzubechi Onwumere (Orlu in Imo State); Peter Chinemerem Ukasoanya (27yrs), from Isialangwa North in Abia State, Chigozie Cyril Nwoye (23yrs), from Umuna in Ezeagu, Enugu State; Chukwudi Onyekwere (26yrs), from Aboh Mbaise in Imo State; and Chibuzor Maduagwu (28yrs), from Amauzari in Mbano, Imo State and that the remaining 8 dead bodies of murdered IPOB members and 5 critically injured others at the point of death were taken away by soldiers of 144 Battalion of the Nigerian Army. The 144 Battalion is commanded by Lt Col Kasim Umar Sidi. The Abia State Police Command had earlier admitted publicly of shooting and killing two IPOB members (“for disturbing students of the National High School in Aba”). The Command is presently and officially in possession of the two dead IPOB members it shot and killed.
“Over 30 other members of the IPOB were also shot and critically injured at the scene. Out of the 22 murdered citizens, eight were identified after the shooting and killing spree by other members of the IPOB and sympathisers; some of them died on their way to hospital following excess bleeding and excruciating pains. Two of the 22 murdered IPOB members were taken away by the Abia State Police Command and the remaining 8; alongside 5 critically injured others were packed in two military trucks and taken away by soldiers