The Independent National Electoral Commission INEC has given details of how the 2019 elections will be conducted while stating that there will be no electronic voting in 2019.
What this means is that the 2019 Election will be conducted manually however the results as INEC has stated will be transmitted via technology.
These are the summaries according to director of Information and Communication Technology INEC.
- Voting in 2019 shall be done manually.
- There will be no electronic voting in 2019.
- Card reader authentication and accreditation will be deployed.
- Incident forms will be used.
- Results will be transmitted electronically from the polling unit to INEC central database before the movement to the collation centres.
- Results will also be transmitted manually to INEC.
- INEC will declare directly from the polling units.
- Only manual voting will be tenable in court.